Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

How do you like this weather?

I live in New Jersey and, as most of you know, we got a ton of snow this weekend.  We came in at about 2 feet which isn't too bad, but I don't drive in the snow anymore (I totaled my car in the snow going 12 miles per hour when I was younger and I practically have panic attacks at the thought of driving in the snow now).

We made it through the weekend but only because I stocked up on new activities for the kids last week.  I hit up the local dollar store and bought stickers, stamps, a giant coloring book (I think the pages were bigger than my daughter), brownie mix for some baking fun, and we recorded a few family movies to watch.

I will do just about anything to avoid playing Don't Break the Ice with my son.  Don't get me wrong, I love games and I love to play them with my son but that game is awful.  It takes 5 minutes and a few pinched fingers to set it up only to have him "break the ice" on his first turn (and he ALWAYS goes first).  Ugh.

But now I am through my bag of tricks, the kids are hyper from being stuck inside all weekend, and I have my daycare here bright and early this morning (who will also probably be hyper from being stuck inside all weekend).  So today I have a dance party planned and hopefully that will keep all the kids from climbing the walls today, or at least until naptime.


What do you do to keep the kids occupied when bad weather keeps you indoors?

No comments: