Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ‘10 Contest

The following is my entry for the Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ‘10 Contest.  Electrical storms are going to wipe out the Internet (perhaps forever). You have one day left to write about your passions.  What do you write about?

Thank you to anyone out there left reading. Reading and writing online have allowed me to learn and share in ways that I never thought possible. I will miss my friends, some of whom I have never and will never meet in person.  That does not diminish your impact and importance in my life.  I love you.  I've learned to truly love from the inside out because of the internet. 

So, love. Toast to your friends who you can meet for dinner. Kiss your husband who throws his socks just next to the hamper. Snuggle your children who give you a headache every single day.  Laugh at how insane your in-laws are.  Smile at the mail carrier.  Offer a drink and a word of thanks to the man repairing your air conditioner.  Grab a bag and help the neighbor carrying groceries.  Give your dog the belly rub he has been waiting weeks for.

Show someone everyday that you appreciate them.  No one knows what will happen today, next week, or this year.  But, you can be sure that everyone around you knows that they are loved, appreciated, and important.

Don’t get caught up in the blur of everyday.  Take time for the people in your life.  It is far too easy to go through life on auto-pilot.  Make your actions deliberate.  As my mom always says -- the days are long but the years are short.  Never let a day pass without loving fully.  Every moment is a time to love.

No comments: